28 Nov What Are The Advantages of Installing Plantation Shutters in Your Home?
The concept of shutters as a window treatment evolved from ancient Greece, where beautifully designed marble shutters were fixed on windows. Soon, this idea made its way across the globe and was primarily seen on cotton plantations and grand mansions. With time, marble was replaced with timber and the shutters were named plantation shutters. Both stylish and practical, these shutters never go out of style and have remained one of the preferred options in every household.
Know More about the Benefits of Plantation Shutters
A plantation shutter, at times denoted as louvers, is used to improve the functionality of your windows and enhance the overall beauty of your home They offer a number of unique benefits:
- Practical Choice: Without a doubt, plantation shutters are a practical option for every home. They come up with adjustable slats that allow you to adjust the amount of light that enters into the room and even control your privacy. When you open these slats completely then the entire room is lit with natural light, and when closed the shutters block the path of light and keep the interiors cooler.
- Wide Range of Materials: Another amazing advantage of these shutters is that they are crafted in an array of materials including PVC, timber and aluminium. This gives you the opportunity to choose the one that will be suitable according to the requirements of your home. For instance, if you are going for a natural look and feel, then timber can do the trick. On the other hand, if security is your concern, then aluminium and PVC are great options too.
- Perceived Security & Privacy: Properties, especially those that are positioned right adjacent to crowded streets must consider tilted plantation shutter panels. These tend to maintain optimal privacy and at the same time ensure that your home is secured from unwanted intruders or break-ins. When installed on the windows, or even on doors, high quality blinds are said to prevent crimes and burglaries to a great extent.
- UV Protection: Exposure to ultraviolet rays can be a bane for any home. Because prolonged contact to these rays not only affects your valuable curtains or blinds, but they also alter the quality of the furniture and other components that are exposed to them. This can be reduced to a significant extent with the help of plantation shutters. In any case, this also keeps your rooms cool during summer and hot during winter, thus reducing your electricity bill every month.
- Thermal & Sound Insulation: The plantation shutter is a perfect insulator that keeps your home cool in summers and warm in winters. As a result, you become less dependent on heating and cooling systems, and this in turn decreases your monthly energy bills too. High quality blinds like roller and Roman blinds also provide sound insulation, especially if your house is just adjacent to the main road or to a busy street.
When you are planning to revamp your home with a window treatment solution, never forget to count on the one-of-a-kind plantation shutters that will take the aura of your property to the next level! If you are still confused, then you can either ask your friends or relatives, or you can browse the internet for more information and then make a final decision.
You can either get the plantation shutters from online sites or check out your local stores. Irrespective of what you choose, remember to focus on the quality of the shutters, as these are products that will last you for years and even decades.